Alpine, Rural, Hemlock, State St. expanded to Guilford and Fairview
How would you introduce or describe your neighborhood to a stranger.
Quarterly Meetings, 2nd Tuesdays at 6pm at 1st Covenant Church
WHAT ARE THE NEIGHBORHOOD’S GREATEST ASSETS:
- First Covenant Church
- Miracle Mile
- Neighbors involved in the community
- Alpine Ridge
- Healthcare options
- Elementary Schools
- Variety of Churches
- Quiet Neighborhood
- Longevity/Stability of neighbors
- Love the location and proximity to the city.
- Appearance of the neighborhood
- Neighbors are great.
- Like the convenience and close distance to work.
- Enjoy the stability and longevity of neighbors.
- 5 to 10 minutes away from anything they need.
- Neighborhood is very walkable.
- Resident who has been there 54 years likes the friendly atmosphere, convenience of stores, and helpful neighbors.
- A 35 year resident noted that the presence of the church and elementary school attracted them to the neighborhood. Loved the area. Like the cul da sac design that limits traffic.
- Neighborhood feels safe and comfortable.
- Affordability attracted them to the neighborhood 12 years ago.
- Easy to get around.
- Have never felt unsafe.
- Minimal traffic.
- Like the adjoining creek and woods. Adds a nice country feel to the neighborhood.
- Woods in some areas add to the ambiance of the neighborhood as being woodsy.
- Know adjacent neighbors in adjoining neighborhoods.
- Convenience to stores.
- Covenant Church offers homework help and tutoring.
- Neighbors photograph garbage cans that haven’t been returned. They turn them in to Neighborhood Standards. Neighbors are involved in keeping their neighborhood tidy.
- Have organized community garage sales.
- Provide welcome baskets to new neighbors. Cookies, etc.
- Neighbors offer helping hands to each other. Makes for a great sense of community.